|4-Kanji Translation:||Cold Eyes Looking Down|
|Series Debut:||Sengoku BASARA|
|Playable Debut:||Sengoku BASARA|
Sengoku BASARA 2
Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes
Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes
Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes
Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage (Cutscenes/Tenkai's Alt)
Sengoku BASARA 4 (NPC)
Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi (Tenkai costume)
Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den
|Anime:||Sengoku BASARA Samurai Kings|
Sengoku BASARA Judge End
|Voice Actor:||Peter Kelamis (Devil Kings)|
Vic Mignogna (Samurai Kings)
|Television Actor:||Yuki Higuchi|
|Stage Actor:||Masashi Tanaguchi|
Mitsuhide is depicted as a sadistic psychopath that enjoys the suffering of other people; possibly of a greater evil than Oda Nobunaga himself. This is depicted as he is one of two characters who can hurt his allies, though they don't lose life. Wields dual scythe.
- Enkonteki Zangeki
- Grudging Slash
- Hits the legs of the enemies in front and knocks them down.
- Koutsuuteki Kyushutsu
- Ecstatic Absorption (Dark)
- Pierces the enemy with the weapon and sucks its life energy.
- After level up the energy absorption speed increases.
- Shodouteki Houyou
- Impulsive Embrace
- The first hit makes enemies falter; they are then sliced up and thrown in midair.
- After level up the number of hits increases.
- Jusoteki Chitoge
- Cursing Thousand Stabs
- Lets void blades fly, which halt enemy movement for a while. Additionally pressing the buttons enables consecutive attacks.
- Kutsujokuteki Oiuchi
- Humiliating Chasing Blows
- A continuous attack aimed at feet level. It's possible to perform a continuous follow-up attack by additional button pressing.
- Shuugoteki Gaikotsu
- Protective Bone Arm
- Multiple skeleton shields are summoned to protect oneself. After pressing the Skill button again the skeletons break down the enemies.
- Ingateki Ouhou
- Karmic Retribution (Dark)
- Taunts the enemies to invite their attacks, lastly performs a counterattack.
- The received damage is returned as a more powerful counterattack.
- Mitsuhide's attacks can hit but does not damage allies. Using Koutsuuteki Kyushutsu on allies will still allow Mitsuhide to gain life.
Akechi Mitsuhide (明智 光秀?) nicknamed Jūbei or called Koretō Hyūga no Kami (惟任日向守?) from his clan name and title.
(1528? – July 2, 1582 Japanese calendar 6th month 13th day)
Mitsuhide was a samurai who lived during the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan. He was a general under daimyo Oda Nobunaga, although he later suddenly betrayed Nobunaga and was complicit in the latters' death. In 1579 he captured Yakami Castle from Hatano Hideharu by promising Hideharu peace terms. This accomplished Mitsuhide's goal, although Nobunaga betrayed the peace agreement and had Hideharu executed. According to several stories, this displeased the Hatano family, and a short while later several of Hideharu's retainers murdered Akechi Mitsuhide's mother (or aunt). The situation was fueled through several public insults Nobunaga had directed at Mitsuhide that even drew the attention of some Western observers. However, the reason Mitsuhide killed Nobunaga at the Incident at Honnōji on June 21, 1582 (Japanese: 6th month 2nd day) is not specified.
He has been credited with killing Oda Nobunaga; while Mitsuhide did not execute Nobunaga personally, he did force him to commit seppuku for his betrayal and subsequent murder of Mitsuhide's mother. When they found out about the assassination, both Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu rushed to be the first to avenge Nobunaga and take his place. Hideyoshi got to Mitsuhide first, and Mitsuhide's allies such as Hosokawa Fujitaka, who was related to Mitsuhide through a marriage, betrayed him. Mitsuhide survived for 13 days until he was defeated by Hideyoshi at the Battle of Yamazaki. Mitsuhide is rumored to have been killed by a peasant warrior with a bamboo spear by the name of Nadamura; however, there were also rumors that he was not killed, but rather started a new life as a priest called Tenkai.
How to UnlockEdit
|Game||How to Unlock||Notes|
|Sengoku BASARA||Clear the game with Nobunaga, Nōhime, & Ranmaru||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 2||Clear the game with Nobunaga||Unlocked by Default in the HD Collection|
|Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes||Clear the game with Nagamasa||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes||Clear the game with Nagamasa||Unlocked by Default with Battle Heroes Save Data|
|Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage||Unplayable||Appears as Tenkai's alternate costume|
|Sengoku BASARA 4||Unplayable||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi||Unplayable||Appears as one of Tenkai's alternate costumes|
|Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den||Complete Chapter 2||-|