|4-Kanji Translation:||The Unexpected Leap|
|Series Debut:||Sengoku BASARA 3|
|Playable Debut:||Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage|
|Games:||Sengoku BASARA 3 (NPC)|
Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage
Sengoku BASARA 4
Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi
Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den
|Anime:||Sengoku BASARA The Last Party|
|Voice Actor:||Christopher Smith (Samurai Heroes/The Last Party)|
|Stage Actor:||Yasuhiko Imai|
Mogami Yoshiaki, the leader of the Mogami clan that rules Dewa Province. Often known as "the Noble Fox of Dewa", though he is referred to as a weasel in the overseas release. He thinks of himself as a great and smart nobleman. He appears as a thin and tall man, often holding a cup of tea, with a rather wacky moustache. While he is Masamune's maternal uncle, the two of them rarely hint at it, though Yoshiaki refers to him as "Masamune-kun".
He often tells his opponents that he has prepared tea, as a welcoming to their visit. However, he also has a habit of not remember his opponents names and talks down to them as he attacks.
Yoshiaki will always join the Eastern Army, no matter which story is being played. To do this, he appeals to Ieyasu and forces Maeda Toshiie to ally with the Eastern Army as well by kidnapping Toshiie's wife Matsu in order to ensure his compliance. When the player fights Yoshiaki at his stage in Hasedo and defeats him, they will also free Matsu, provided they are not playing Masamune's paths.
Yoshiaki is one of the eight characters to receive their own story in Sengoku Basara 3 Utage.
- 超偶然体勢崩壊突き (Chō Gūzen Taisei Hōkai Tsuki): Yoshiaki pretends to trip up and thrusts his sword.
- 超天空注目浮上蹴り (Chō Tenkū Chūmoku Fujō Keri): Yoshiaki tricks enemies into looking away, then does a sweeping kick.
- 超飛込平身低頭剣 (Chō tobiko heishinteitō ken): Yoshiaki leaps at enemies with his knees, then lands hard, and launches into the air spinning his sword. If the Special Attack button is held, he will crawl forward a bit.
- 超吸引拘束棘棘突き (Chō kyūin kōsoku toge toge tsuki): Yoshiaki twirls forward with his sword, then leaps into the air rapidly slashing at enemies below him. He then thrusts his sword, making an ice block.
- 超優雅一服待受斬り: Yoshiaki waits for an enemy to attack him while cleaning his sword. If anyone tries to, he will counteract with two slashes.
- 超妙音狐歌律動乱舞 (Chō myōon kouta ritsudō ranbu): Yoshiaki dances forward then slams his sword down, pressing the normal attack button continues, with Yoshiaki marching with slashes, does a twirling slash, then pretends to be clumsy and does a sword swing to the right, then finishes by dashing on a rainbow path.
- 超壮絶復活不死鳥成り (Chō sōzetsu fukkatsu fushichō nari): Yoshiaki fakes his death, then after a flash of light shines on him, he jumps into the air and rapidly slashes, making a fox symbol, then it blasts enemies into the air.
- 超偉大我輩氷像定礎 (Chō idai wagahai kōri-zō teiso): Yoshiaki summons an ice sculpture and begins to rapidly jab at it, making an ice statue of himself, while attacking enemies in unison. After he takes a bow, the ice scatters onto enemies.
Mogami Yoshiaki (最上義光, February 1, 1546 - November 29, 1614) was a daimyō of the Yamagata domain in Dewa Province, in the late Sengoku period and early Edo period. He was the first son of Mogami Yoshimori, and succeeded his father as daimyō of Yamagata. He also was known as "The Noble Fox of Ushu/Dewa" and has a mixed reputation in fictional sources. He is sometimes be depicted as a wise ruler or as a villainous man who didn't fight at all.
When Toyotomi Hideyoshi came to power, Yoshiaki submitted to his rule, but later became a supporter of Tokugawa Ieyasu following Hideyoshi's death. He was known to hate the Toyotomi due to the fact that Hideyoshi ordered the execution of Yoshiaki's teenage daughter when purging his nephew Toyotomi Hidetsugu, whom Yoshiaki's daughter was engaged to.
In 1600, he battled Uesugi Kagekatsu, an enemy of Tokugawa's, alongside his nephew Date Masamune. He aided in Date's siege of Shiroishi, and was then attacked in his own home castle of Hataya. Later that year, Mogami and Date supported Ieyasu at the famous battle of Sekigahara, after which Mogami's domain was expanded to 520,000 koku in return for his loyal service. This made the Yamagata domain the fifth largest in Japan at the time, excluding the land held by Tokugawa. He died at Yamagata Castle in 1614 at 68 years old.
How to UnlockEdit
|Game||How to Unlock||Notes|
|Sengoku BASARA 3||Unplayable||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 4||Clear the game with Kojūrō||Can be unlocked with DLC|
|Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den||Complete Story Mode||-|
- The Mogami Clan, at one point, clashed with the Date and Uesugi Clans.
- Yoshiaki is the uncle of Date Masamune.
- During his stage you have to destroy his riverside bases to stop the cannons from shooting down your ship (which will attack the main base).
- In a few of his moves, Yoshiaki seems to support himself on his sword, a stance similar to that of Yoshimitsu (From the Soul Calibur and Tekken series).
- Yoshiaki can be unlocked as an ally after being defeated in Date Masamune's path.
- He owns a falcon named Starlight Starbright – a bird which is commonly seen during Kuroda Kanbei's cutscenes as it steals the key to the cuffs locked around the man's wrists.