|4-Kanji Translation:||Azure Sky Swift Rider|
|Series Debut:||Sengoku BASARA|
|Playable Debut:||Sengoku BASARA|
Sengoku BASARA 2
Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes
Sengoku BASARA X (Yukimura's Assist)
Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes
Sengoku BASARA 3 (NPC)
Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes
Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage
Sengoku BASARA 4
Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi
Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den
|Anime:||Sengoku BASARA Samurai Kings|
Sengoku BASARA Samurai Kings 2
Sengoku BASARA The Last Party
Sengoku BASARA Judge End
|Voice Actor:||David Orth (Devil Kings)|
Michael Sinterniklaas (Samurai Heroes/Samurai Kings/2/The Last Party/Judge End)
|Television Actor:||Yuuki Izawa|
|Stage Actor:||Youjirou Murata|
Sasuke is a ninja in service to Sanada Yukimura, and thus also to Takeda Shingen. He always coolly stands by his master Yukimura and aids him whenever possible. He made a rivalry with Kasuga, a ninja in service to Uesugi Kenshin, an enemy of Shingen.
After Toyotomi Hideyoshi died, Shingen fell ill and Yukimura took control over the Takeda army. Sasuke kept aiding Yukimura, even when he had to make terrible decisions. It's often assumed that Sasuke has a crush on Kasuga, but his feelings toward her are closer to that of a brother's.
Sarutobi Sasuke fights using dual Shuriken, type of Koga Shuriken. Prior to Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage, he possess a mid tier speed and attack, contrary to his roles as a shinobi. However, in Utage, he has been upgraded with many new features, and probably one of the characters with the most changes from Sengoku BASARA 2 to the current iterations. And now he has become one of the fastest and savvy character in this game.
His S-string consists of 8 Hit combo with mid tier-speed, with his speed somewhat increased during Utage installment. The finishing moves also changed; prior to BASARA 3, he finished the combo by throwing his shuriken in cross shape, sweeping all nearby enemies, while in Utage, he throws both of the shuriken forward, and deals great multi-hit damage.
Sengoku BASARA - 2 HeroesEdit
- Waxing moon - Sasuke throws his shuriken into a distance, then he rushes quickly to his shuriken.
- Half moon - Sasuke throws and spins his shuriken with a wire, pulling enemies entangled in it.
- Waving Moon - Sasuke penetrates in through the ground,then bursting up from the ground to make enemies above thrown.
- Invisible - Sasuke stealthing through enemies.
- Dark Clone - Sasuke creating a clone made of darkness that imitates his move, Dark Elemental.
- Spin Clone - Sasuke creating a clone made of darkness and throws it while the clone is spinning.
Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage - Sanada Yukimura-DenEdit
- Kagerou - Adding shadow clone attack everytime 8-string attack is hold
- Kagemoguri no jutsu - Create a shadow clone to sent enemies flying. Hold the skill button to add aerial damage
- Kageoi no jutsu - Sasuke throws his shuriken into a distance, then he rushes quickly to his shuriken. Additional attack added as level up by pressing 8-string attack button
- Kagemai no jutsu - Sasuke create a vortex and attack the enemies with shadow clones. Amount of attack increase as level up by pressing 8-string button repeatedly.
- Uchiwatashi no Jutsu - Sasuke throws and spins both of his shuriken with a wire, pulling enemies entangled in it. Hold the skill button for additional damage. This skill can also done airborne.
- Revision skill (Sumeragi - Sanada Yukimura-Den) - Sasuke penetrates in through the ground,then bursting up from the ground to make enemies above thrown.
- Gen'ei no Jutsu - Sasuke throws flash bombs then creating an attacking shadow clones vortex. Amount of attack increase as level up.
- Utsusemi no Jutsu - Sasuke counters enemy attack with his shadow clones, send an enemy fly then piledriver the enemy. This skill can also be done airborne.
- Abaremashira no Jutsu - Sasuke throws both of his energy imbued shuriken to attack the enemy. Shuriken's movement can be controlled by pressing 8-string button and analog.
Sarutobi Sasuke (猿飛佐助)
There is a legend that Yukimura had 10 ninja in his service – Sanada Ten Brave (真田十勇士 Sanada Juuyuushi?). Sarutobi Sasuke was one of them. Historians have not come to the agreement as to whether the shinobi existed or not. Some consider him a fictional character with no reference to real people; others believe that Sarutobi is the historical character Kozuki Sasuke. Sasuke learned ninjutsu at Kouga – Tozawa Hakuunsai. The name Sarutobi is translated as "monkey jump" consisting of two kanji characters - saru (猿 monkey?) and tobi (飛 jump?). Sasuke was said to have monkey-like agility and speed, especially when climbing trees. Japanese legends describe Sasuke as an orphan adopted and brought up by monkeys, which explains his abilities. Supposedly Sasuke died along with Yukimura in the summer siege of Osaka Castle.
How to UnlockEdit
|Game||How to Unlock||Notes|
|Sengoku BASARA||Clear the game with Shingen||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 2||Clear the game with Sanada Yukimura||Unlocked by Default in the HD Collection|
|Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA X||Unplayable||Yukimura's Assist|
|Sengoku BASARA Battle Heroes||Clear the game with Yukimura||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 3||Unplayable||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes||Clear the game with Yukimura||Unlocked by Default with Battle Heroes Save Data|
|Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 4||Clear the game with Yukimura||Can be unlocked with DLC|
|Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den||Complete Story Mode||Only playable for Minigames in Story Mode|
"Sarutobi" means monkey jump, or 'flying monkey' depending on the reading.