Sengoku BASARA 4 is the latest upcoming entry to the Sengoku BASARA series by CAPCOM and was released for the PlayStation 3 on January 23, 2014. The game focuses on the theme of Sengoku Genesis and centers around the beginning of the Sengoku Period.
For this entry in the series, character design was passed to Tooru Ookubo, chief designer for the anime series, instead of series standby Makoto Tsuchibayashi.
- Azai Nagamasa
- Akechi Mitsuhide
- Date Masamune
- Chōsokabe Motochika
- Fūma Kotarō
- Honda Tadakatsu
- Ishida Mitsunari
- Katakura Kojūrō
- Kobayakawa Hideaki
- Kuroda Kanbee
- Matsunaga Hisahide
- Maeda Keiji
- Mogami Yoshiaki
- Mōri Motonari
- Oda Nobunaga
- Ōtani Yoshitsugu
- Ōtomo Sōrin
- Saika Magoichi
- Sanada Yukimura
- Sarutobi Sasuke
- Shimazu Yoshihiro
- Tachibana Muneshige
- Takenaka Hanbee
- Tokugawa Ieyasu
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- Attacks performed in conjunction with your partner will result in dealing bonus damage.
- Characters level up in the midst of battle, and can utilize newly learned skills on the spot.
- All three super moves are usable in battle, and can be cycled through as desired.
- If timed correctly, evading will result in the desertion mechanic, temporarily slowing enemies.
- Camps may have up to three levels, created by enemy strategist units. To take these the player must defeat commanders on every level. To assist in this, there is a single-button system, in which the player will have to press the attack button along with the timing on-screen.
- An 'Inrou of Enhancement' can be picked up mid-battle and used to give experience points to the character of your choice.
- Weapons can be enhanced with stats of your choice (attack, defense, BASARA gauge, fighting spirit, or hit points) or even upgraded to new limits, using either whetstone, fortune hammer, or tamahagane steel items.
- Weapons can also be combined to increase their potency and create different effects.
Players will be accompanied by a partner at all times who can be given commands by holding L2 and dragging a circle toward the desired target. This can be used on enemies, boxes, bases, etc.
This ally can also be tagged after they reach level 50, by pressing the R3 button. If tagged mid-combo, characters will immediately perform an attack upon switching to continue the chain.
When both you and your partner's BASARA gauges are full, and they are standing close enough together (the gauges will glow red), pressing L2 + Circle will activate a Giga BASARA attack. Ink sprays up from the ground to attack all surrounding enemies, and every character has a unique 'BASARA-e' image that will appear at the finish (Note: This can be activated in co-op as well, if the players are close enough to one another). Costumes will slightly affect the image of the finish.
Style Gauge and Maximum Style modeEdit
Replacing the Hero/Battle Boost gauge is the Style gauge which works in a similar fashion. Once filled, it can be activated using L1 + R1, subsequently powering up your character's attack power and speed for a limited time, as well as slowing down surrounding enemies and increasing the exp and money earned.
Sengoku Creation ModeEdit
The main gameplay mode of the game, this is where character stories take place over a series of battles. In appearance, this mode seems to be a fusion of Story and Unification modes from Sengoku BASARA 3.
Every playable character will have a main route. However, some of them will also have either a Drama route, said to be a more dramatic story, or an Anime route, featuring cutscenes animated by Production I.G, or both.
- Count ZERO by T.M.Revolution (Main theme)
- Runners high by SCANDAL (Ending Theme)
- Official Website (Japanese)
Sengoku BASARA 4
|Shima Sakon • Shibata Katsuie • Yamanaka Shikanosuke • Gotō Matabee • Ii Naotora • Date Masamune • Sanada Yukimura • Oda Nobunaga • Takeda Shingen • Shimazu Yoshihiro • Honda Tadakatsu • Maeda Keiji • Chōsokabe Motochika • Mōri Motonari • Toyotomi Hideyoshi • Takenaka Hanbee • Katakura Kojūrō • Azai Nagamasa • Oichi • Fūma Kotarō • Tokugawa Ieyasu • Ishida Mitsunari • Ōtani Yoshitsugu • Saika Magoichi • Kuroda Kanbee • Tsuruhime • Matsunaga Hisahide • Kobayakawa Hideaki • Tenkai • Mogami Yoshiaki • Tachibana Muneshige • Ōtomo Sōrin|
|Ashikaga Yoshiteru • Kyōgoku Maria • Akechi Mitsuhide • Kasuga • Maeda Toshiie • Matsu • Takeda Shingen • Uesugi Kenshin|
|Nōhime • Mori Ranmaru|
|Allies • BASARA-ya Shop • Costumes • Endings • Fugitive Bingo • Giga BASARA • Inscriptions - Menu • Play Books • Stages • Routes • Trophies • Weapons|