Sengoku BASARA 4
23 January 2014
戦国BASARA4 is the latest upcoming entry to the Sengoku BASARA series by Capcom and was announced for release to the PlayStation 3 for January 23, 2014. The game will focus on the theme of Sengoku Genesis and will center around the beginning of the Sengoku Period.
For this entry in the series, character design was passed to Tooru Ookubo, chief designer for the anime series, instead of series standby Makoto Tsuchibayashi. Along that same vein, some characters' stories will feature an 'anime route' which will have anime-styled cutscenes from Production I.G.
The list of appearing characters is based on what is currently known and confirmed.
- Azai Nagamasa
- Date Masamune
- Chōsokabe Motochika
- Honda Tadakatsu
- Ishida Mitsunari
- Katakura Kojūrō
- Kobayakawa Hideaki
- Kuroda Kanbee
- Maeda Keiji
- Mogami Yoshiaki
- Mōri Motonari
- Oda Nobunaga
- Ōtani Yoshitsugu
- Saika Magoichi
- Sanada Yukimura
- Sarutobi Sasuke
- Shimazu Yoshihiro
- Takenaka Hanbee
- Tokugawa Ieyasu
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- Improved partner system--allies will move freely, but the player is able to give them orders such as attacking particular enemies and breaking boxes.
- TAG Mode has also returned, enabling players to switch to their partner character during battle. If tagged mid-combo, characters will immediately perform an attack upon switching to continue the chain.
- Attacks performed in conjunction with your partner will result in dealing bonus damage.
- New Giga BASARA Attack--can be performed with your partner when both characters' BASARA gauges are full, as well as the Style gauge. When executed, the screen with become black and white with ink effects, and each character will have their own unique sumi-e art to accompany it.
- Characters level up in the midst of battle, and can utilize newly learned skills on the spot.
- All three super moves are usable in battle, and can be cycled through as desired.
- If timed correctly, evading will result in the desertion mechanic, temporarily slowing enemies.
- Camps may have up to three levels, created by enemy strategist units. To take these the player must defeat commanders on every level. To assist in this, there is a single-button system, in which the player will have to press the attack button along with the timing on-screen.
- Drive/Boost gauge has been replaced with the 'Style' gauge instead. Using it increases the player's attack power, slows down enemies, and makes combos easier to maintain, as well as increasing the experience and money received.
- An 'Irou of Enhancement' can be picked up mid-battle and used to give experience points to the character of your choice.
- Weapons can be enhanced with stats of your choice (attack, defense, BASARA gauge, fighting spirit, or hit poitns) or even upgraded to new limits, using either whetstone, fortune hammer, or tamahagane steel items.
- Weapons can also be combined to increase their potency and create different effects.
As of right now, preorders are receiving costume DLC--with plans to later make them available to purchase on PSN
- Masamune's Hakama & Wooden Sword
- Naotora's Bridal Costume (HMV/Loppi Exclusive)
- Mitsunari's Vergil Costume (Edion/Joushin Denki Exclusive)
- Sakon's Twin-Sword Kung-fu Costume (Game Tsutaya/Bic Camera/Sofmap/Kojima Exclusive)
- Katsuie's Nagamasa Costume (Furuhon Ichiba/Amazon Japan Exclusive)
- Yukimura's Masamune Costume (GEO Exclusive)
- Ieyasu's Gakuen BASARA Costume (Yodobashi Camera/e-Capcom Exclusive)
- Count ZERO by T.M.Revolution (Main theme)
- Runners high by SCANDAL (Ending Theme)