|4-Kanji Translation:||Destroying Wish in One Sweep|
Darkness (SB4 Sumeragi DLC)
|Series Debut:||Sengoku BASARA 4|
|Playable Debut:||Sengoku BASARA 4|
|Games:||Sengoku BASARA 4|
Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi
Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den
|Stage Actor:||Ray Fujita|
Shibata Katsuie is a new playable character featured in Sengoku BASARA 4. He is a low-rank vanguard under the Oda force. He wears a bowl haircut that he keeps concealed within his helmet.
After a rebellion which ended in failure, the skilled Katsuie was left in a weak position. Now, it's as though he's given up and lives for nothing more than following orders from his aloof master Oda Nobunaga. However, once he's on the battlefield he plays an active role, using the full reach of his reverse-bladed naginata and many extravagant techniques.
Katsuie is one, considered somewhat "broken" character because of his ultimate speed, reach, charging impact and almost 0 recovery timing. Eventhou some of his Super moves have a long recovery time, and somewhat useless. But his first 5 moves is a force to be reckoned with.
However, Katsuie has a special gimmick that lets him temporarily "charge" his weapon up to three times. Each charges visually adds a "slash line" to each of his attacks, giving him more range and possibly hit counts as well. Additionally, if Katsuie has all three "charges", he can extend his regular skills (except kuukyo no kika) adding their respective follow-up attacks. These "charges" are gained by using his kuukyo no kika skill (Katsuie glows and "charge" is gained every a few seconds, up to/until 3 "charges"), performing his BASARA attack (fully "charged" after performing BASARA attack), or by using his Evade Attack (1 charge only). Charges are lost over time or upon getting hit (loses all charges).
In addition to the charges, Katsuie also has an Evade Attack, that hits nearby enemies around him. This evade attack is performed by quickly evading (Guard + direction) immediately after the final "slash" of his skills (including his S-String). In addition to adding 1 "charge", performing an evade attack bypasses his recovery time at the end of his skills while deal damage to nearby enemies. The evade attack can also be chained into his S-String enabling Katsuie to continue attacking enemies allowing him to quickly clear hordes of enemies quickly and/or gain a huge combo count.
Geometry of Emptiness (空虚の幾何 kuukyo no kika?)
- Button: (long press)
- Acquisition: level 1
- Katsuie spins his naginata above his head. If used in air, Katsuie's descent will be slowed down.
- Every few seconds Katsuie glows, and gains a "charge" (up to three). Range is also increased at this point.
Pure Frustration (挫折の純正 zasetsu no junsei?)
- Acquisition: level 1
- Katsuie perfoms a simple upward swing. If fully charged, Katsuie follows it with a jumping spinning attack.
Truncation of Fear (畏怖の切頭 ifu no secchou?)
- Button: D-pad +
- Acquisition: level 1
- Katsuie spins his naginata (vertically) while charging into enemies ending with a horizontal slash to the left. If fully charged, Katsuie performs another horizontal slash the end.
Relativity of Powerlessness (無力の相対 muryoko no soutai?)
- Acquisition: level 5
- Katsuie slashes a square around him creating a small pillar of light. If fully charged, Katsuie breaks the pillar of light instead of letting it promptly fade away.
Degeneracy of Sorrow (悲嘆の縮重 hitan no shukujuu?)
- Button: +
- Acquisition: level 10
- Katsuie shoots a circular windblade. Each charge adds 1 windblade beside the original windblade (up to three). If fully charged, Katsuie shoots three windblades (side-by-side) then follows it with another set of windblades.
Secret Skills () Edit
Spiral of Anguish (苦悶の螺旋 kumon no rasen?)
- Acquisition: level 15
- Katsuie twirls his naginata, then creates a wind sphere in front of him.
- Note: While twirling his naginata, Katsuie hits enemies in a small spherical area around him.
Vertex of Despair (絶望の頂点 zetsubou no chouten?)
- Acquisition: level 20
- Katsuie slowly walks forward with his naginata held up in front. If an enemy is caught at the end of the skill, Katsuie will slash the target dealing greate damage.
- Note: Screen will turn to black and white during his skill. Small damage is dealt to enemies near Katsuie during that time.
- Note 2: Katsuie resists stagger during this skill, damage is still dealt.
- Note 3: Skill is blockable, but hits multiple times (if being blocked) for the during of the skill.
Definition of Wandering (彷徨の定義 houkou no teigi?)
- Acquisition: level 30
Historical Information Edit
Shibata Katsuie (1522 - June 14, 1583) was a Japanese samurai and military commander during the Sengoku period who served Oda Nobunaga.
How to UnlockEdit
|Game||How to Unlock||Notes|
|Sengoku BASARA 4||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi||Unlocked by Default||-|
|Sengoku BASARA Sanada Yukimura-den||Complete Chapter 2||-|
- In Sengoku BASARA 3, he was an NPC general that you could recruit as an ally by beating Incident at Honno-ji as Oichi in Story Mode.
- Some of Katsuie's dialogue references Japanese folkloric creatures. He alludes them either to himself (e.g. "Kappa" and "Kamaitachi") or to the person he is encountering (such as "Tamama-no-Mae" for Maria and "Inugami Gyoubu" for Yoshitsugu)
- Also, some of his allusions to Japanese folklore bear double entendres or wordplays in them. For instance, when he referred to Shikanosuke as "Having been possessed by an "Umashika"" (Horse + Deer) but at the same time, Katsuie is calling the boy an idiot (Baka).
|Shima Sakon • Shibata Katsuie • Yamanaka Shikanosuke • Gotō Matabei • Ii Naotora • Date Masamune • Sanada Yukimura • Oda Nobunaga • Takeda Shingen • Shimazu Yoshihiro • Honda Tadakatsu • Maeda Keiji • Chōsokabe Motochika • Mōri Motonari • Toyotomi Hideyoshi • Takenaka Hanbei • Katakura Kojūrō • Azai Nagamasa • Oichi • Fūma Kotarō • Tokugawa Ieyasu • Ishida Mitsunari • Ōtani Yoshitsugu • Saika Magoichi • Kuroda Kanbei • Tsuruhime • Matsunaga Hisahide • Kobayakawa Hideaki • Tenkai • Mogami Yoshiaki • Tachibana Muneshige • Ōtomo Sōrin|
|Ashikaga Yoshiteru • Kyōgoku Maria • Akechi Mitsuhide • Kasuga • Maeda Toshiie • Matsu • Takeda Shingen • Uesugi Kenshin|
|Nōhime • Mori Ranmaru|
|Allies • BASARA-ya Shop • Costumes • Endings • Sengoku BASARA 4/Fugitive Bingo • Giga BASARA • Inscriptions - Menu • Play Books • Stages • Routes • Trophies • Weapons|