|4-Kanji Translation:||Border Tearing Military Emperor|
|First Appearance:||Sengoku BASARA 2|
|First Playable:||Sengoku BASARA 2|
|Voice Actor:||Christopher Sabat|
He appears in Sengoku BASARA 4 as a playable character. He is initially playable within the game.
In Sengoku BASARA 2, Hideyoshi is a rival of Nobunaga and fights alongside his vassal Takenaka Hanbee.
Hideyoshi was born a normal, if big, man, and became friends with Maeda Keiji early in his life. They were good friends who spent their days pulling pranks or defending the locals from bandits. Hideyoshi at one point fell in love with a woman named Nene. Although young and seemingly happy, his lifestyle soon changed after a single encounter with Matsunaga Hisahide. Hideyoshi, overestimating his own strength and ability, tried to investigate Hisahide's might. Overtaken by the enemy's forces, he was captured and forced to suffer through humiliating displays of his weakness. After Keiji rescused him, Hideyoshi came to the realization that strength and power meant everything in the world. He began to harbor an incredible ambition: to create a powerful country where people could stand for themselves and prosper. However, because of the scars left by the humiliation he suffered from Hisahide, Hideyoshi's mind had become stigmatized and fixated on his absolute desire for power. Hideyoshi was now willing to grow into the ruthless warlord he needed to be to realize his ambitions; going so far as to murdering his love Nene. Needless to say, his relationship with Maeda Keiji had become strained.
One of the few things that separated Hideyoshi and Nobunaga was that, despite being a ruthless warlord, Hideyoshi still maintained a show of charisma and care for his army, a factor that proves relevant in his history. This simple yet major clash in views causes the two to see one another as rivals.
After Nobunaga's assassination by Akechi Mitsuhide, Hideyoshi took the opportunity to position himself as Japan's most powerful warlord.
Before his dream of a power-driven Japan came to fruition, Hideyoshi's vassal, Tokugawa Ieyasu, revolted and took his life.
Hideyoshi is set to return as a playable charcter in Sengoku BASARA 4 .
Hideyoshi is a big, slow moving, character, but sometimes his strikes come out quick. He is also the only character specializing in grappling special moves, likening him to another Capcom characters Zangief from Street Fighter and Mike Haggar from Final Fight.
In later games, Hideyoshi has the unique ability to chain his grab skills up to 4 or 5 times. When Hideyoshi performs a grab skill (except the basic grab), he will blink red near the end. During this time, the player must input another grab skill to continue the chain. At the 4th or 5th grab of the chain, Hideyoshi will perform a powered up version of that skill.
Toyotomi Hideyoshi 豊臣秀吉 February 2, 1536 – September 18, 1598
Toyotomi Hideyoshi was an exception in Japanese history – a peasant ruling over the country. He was smart, crafty and ambitious, though he was not a master swordsman. At his birth he received the name of Hiyoshimaru, which means "Generosity of the Sun". Under this name he served some minor lords. When he was 15 he met with Oda Nobunaga and introduced himself as Kinoshita Yaemon. But in political and military community he was first recognized by the name of Kinoshita Tokichiro. Along with this new name Hideyoshi received an unflattering nick-name "Saru" meaning "monkey" due to his physique - he was rather short with odd proportions. By the age of 26 he became a general and changed his name first to Hashiba Hideyoshi, and later – to Toyotomi Hideyoshi. At 54 Toyotomi defeated Shibata Katsue in their struggle for the empire and in fact finalized unification of Japan. A year later he was awarded by the emperor with the title of "Taiko" which gave him authority to deal with all administrative issues in the country, both civil and military, as well as make laws.
Toushou Rekki (闘沖烈鬼, lit: "Fighting and Charging Fierce Demon")
- Grabs the nearest enemy, drags him/her along the ground, and then throw him/her away into the front arc.
Tenchi Sousou (天地葬送, lit "Burial of Heaven and Earth")
- Poses and grabs an nearest enemy, then delivers a spinning piledriver.
Sanshou Renge (三掌蓮華, lit "Three Lotus Palms" )
- A punch that throws a group of enemy upward, then jumps and kicks the same enemies downward, and finishes with a punch that sends them flying into the front arc.
Haja Shouten (破邪沖天, lit "Crushing Evil Charging to the Heavens")
- A chain of rapid-firing punches, finishing with a mighty downward punch knocking enemies away. Levelling up allows more punches to be executed.
Kaijin Ranka (灰燼乱渦, lit "Chaotic Cyclone of Dust")
- Grabs the nearest enemy and advances via spinning rapidly, sweeping all enemies in the paths, and finishes by throwing the said enemy away. Levelling up allows more spins to be executed. Note: only "normal" sized enemies may be grabbed, thus excluding the likes of giant soldiers or Tadakatsu.
Enbu Gouha (猿舞豪把, lit: "Dancing Ape's Mighty Grasp")
- Grabs an enemy soldier and use it as a weapon to bludgeon the enemies. Pressing the skill button again will see the enemy thrown away into the front arc. Note: only "normal" sized enemy SOLDIERS may be grabbed, thus excluding playable characters (or unique NPCs), giant soldiers or Tadakatsu.
Kongou Hametsu (金剛破滅, lit: "Vajra Destruction" )
- A chargeable ground punch doing a radial damage on the nearest enemies. Light Elemental.